This Thursday, 28th August, sees the famous old Tacky Trophy Competition. We are looking for you to submit your very poorest shots into this anti competition where bad technique, indecisive moments, poor light, embarrassing incidents and all other photographic failures are actively rewarded.
Judging commences at 9pm in the back room of the New Inn, Swan Street, Llantrisant but we need your entries by 8.45pm at the latest. The judge for the evening will be revealed on the night. He or she will have (and will need) a sense of humour. Full conditions of entry can be seen below and largely ignored.
So why not come along and join the fun. Who knows, you could achieve a lowly commended or even win the lovely ‘Tacky Trophy’ to keep on your mantelpiece for one year (compulsory).
1. There is a maximum of three entries per member unless you bring more.
2. You may enter prints, digital images, daguerreotypes, calotypes or stereotypes.
3. Prints may be any size (as long as they fit through the front door).
4. Prints should be mounted unless they aren’t.
5. Size of digital images – We couldn’t care less but they must be jpeg and arrive on a USB stick.
6. All entries must be in the hands of the judge by 8.45pm.
7. All photos must have been taken by you although we’ve no way of checking that.
8. Cheating & bribery are actively encouraged.
9. Please mark all entries with your club number (compulsory) and a title (if required).
10. There is no buffet. There is alcohol. Crisps available from a vending machine called the bar.
11. There is no rule 11. The committee voted it out.
12. Only Gwynfa members may enter and the decision of the judge is final unless you disagree.
Any questions, try google.